Addiction is a family disease. The wreckage that an addict causes often leaves a family traumatized and resentful. At our family rehab centers in NJ, we strongly recommend family members educate themselves about the disease of addiction and learn how best to provide for their loved one. The support groups and other types of therapy listed below are readily available to families and can assist in healing process.
Al-Anon is a support group comprised of people who share their experience strength and hope with one another pertaining to a loved one who is suffering from alcoholism. This group is an anonymous 12-step program that helps families to overcome grief and learn not to enable their loved one who is suffering from the disease of alcoholism. Please follow the links below to be shown the Al-Anon official website and meeting directory.
- Alanon National site: al-anon.org
- Alanon National phone: 888-425-2666
- Alanon South Jersey site: www.southjerseyal-anon.org
- Alanon South Jersey phone: 856-547-0855
Alateen meetings are similar to Al-Anon meeting and are often even held at the same time and location. However these meetings are only open to teenagers. Please follow the links below to be shown the Al-Anon official website and meeting directory.
- Alateen National site: www.southjerseyal-anon.org/alateen.html
- Alateen National phone: 856-547-0855
The Nar-Anon Family Groups is primarily for those who know or have known a feeling of desperation concerning the addiction problem of someone very near to you. We have traveled that unhappy road too, and found the answer with serenity and peace of mind.
- Nar-Anon National site: naranonofnj.org
- Nar-Anon National phone: 877-424-4491